Friday, October 26, 2007

Ok, I've finally decided to give this blog thing a shot. I figure with family and friends half way across the country and others right in our own town that we rarely see, it might be worth I try. I make no promises, however, in how often I will be blogging but I can guarantee it will probably be more often then I call you. Which I know isn't saying much. I'm going to try to make this blog mostly about the children, but you will get updates on J and I whenever I see fit.

So to begin, A's first birthday was earlier this week. To be honest, I don't really like to talk about it. Is that normal for a mother?? All my friends have planned these elaborate first birthday parties complete with circus rides and 1,000 pictures and I just wanted to skip that calendar day. I made it through though with the minimal amount of excitement. We will see how the party goes this weekend. There will actually be presents, balloons, and cake so I won't be able to ignore it as well. Yes, you read that right. I didn't even give my daughter a present on her birthday. To be fair to myself, J can't hold a present back for anything. Every time we bought something for A she was playing with it that same day. But nonetheless, she didn't get anything from us on her actual birthday. Ohh well, it isn't like she will know anyway.

For those of you who haven't seen us in awhile, A is now walking. The day she got her wheels she hasn't even thought about crawling. Unfortunately, I think she is going to be too much like her momma. She is as independant as can be. You will be lucky to get her to sit on your lap for two seconds (unless you are daddy) and there is no way you will get a hug or a kiss. Forget it!! She has also learned the meaning of no and isn't afraid to tell you about it. We bought her a miniture chair (for her birthday) that looks exactly like our livingroom furniture and she stands on it all the time, which is against the rules. She is also very good at testing mommy and daddy's patience.

Ok, that is probably it for now. Here is the telling time. We will see how soon I get back on to update you all.

No comments: